How I Can Help You Buy a Home
Whether it’s your first home or if you’re an experienced buyer, purchasing a home is a complex process.
By working with me, you’ll find a home in the neighborhood where you want to live,
one that fits your budget and meets your goals for features, quality and value.
Once you’ve found the home that’s right for you, I will guide you through the process of making an offer; negotiating the terms of the sale; getting your potential purchase inspected, repaired and appraised; and closing Escrow.
Preparing to write an offer:
- Pre-qualification/ Approval Letter: It is not a requirement to writing an offer but it is best if we have a letter from a lender to submit with the loan.
- Proof Of funds: Weather getting a loan of paying cash it is important to show your ability to fund the purchase. A bank statement, with the account number blacked out, showing the appropriate funds to close escrow is often used as POF and submitted with the offer.
- Cover Letter: Or what we like to call a “hearts and flowers letter” is never a bad idea. If the Seller has feelings these letters can make a difference between getting your offer accepted our not. Ask me for details on what these look like. (don’t want to make my trade secrets public!)
Then, of course, I will need to know the details of how their offer is written.
- There are some items that you can pretty much expect in this area: Buyer and Seller most often split title and escrow 50/50, Seller will usually pump and inspect the septic system. It is common for the Seller to test the well production and portability.
- Buyer is to perform “any inspections deemed necessary” This usually starts with a Whole House inspection and a Termite/ Wood destroying pest inspection. Depending on what comes up in those inspections it may be necessary to order more inspections.
- The buyer will need an Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) dropped off at the title/ escrow company soon after an offer is accepted. The amount of this deposit is not set in stone but is roughly 1.5- 3% of purchase price. This money is protected by our contingencies and will be used for the down payment/ closing costs. (Reach out to me for more details)
- Other details I will need to know are: Loan amount, offer price, buyer(s) full legal name, email address (if available), and so on